1.31.2006

It's moving......

I got the call from Emory I have been waiting on today. Again, mixed feelings came with the phone call. As excited as I am about getting better, I can't help but feel my heart drop everytime I get news about its approach. I will be meeting with the transplant team for my evaluation and testing on February 9 and 10. I am not sure what is going to happen on that date, but I know the date. The lady that I talked to said that she was sending me a package via FedEx detailing what will happen and some of my meeting dates. It should get here tomorrow, until then we just wait some more.

I think I have come to the conclusion that I am excited about getting the transplant and feeling better, but I am nervous about what the recovery is going to be like. I have found another blog on Blogger that is the story of a lady who just finished being a living donor to her brother. It has been a big help in knowing what to expect. The site has helped assure me that some of my thoughts and worries are not crazy, but a little bit normal, at least.

My nerves about the process and recovery trump my excitement at certain moments, this being one of them. I am currently trying to clear the fog that is in my head about what is going on. Once that clears, I may be able to type more. Until then.........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a scar the size of a football field (OK I exaggerate) but it is large & I am grateful for it everyday!! Saved my life so I could continue to celebrate every New Year's Eve with family & good friends like you. I will pray for your health & your wonderful life.

Becky said...

Josh, Best of luck to you as you go to Emory for testing this week. Joe and I are doing GREAT, just slowly recovering. Have faith and patience and know that good vibes are being sent your way from Minneapolis!

(P.S. My friends enjoyed a good giggle over the fact that you referred to me as a "lady." Hee hee!)

Becky
"Chopped Liver"

Anonymous said...

Josh, I have hep C and waiting for my surgery date..soon. Hopefully 3/1/06.After reading your blogg I strugled with the though of writing to you...I have willed myself a strong outcome through all of this process beginning to my almost end journey...it is a positive journey. .. ...please breathe light into your center and all around you your fear will lessen, meditate on the goodness that you are, you will be healed.