1.19.2006

Four short years ago....

This is my post to update you on how I got to where I am. Most of you know my story, but I am going to tell this for my new found friends or for the unexpected visitor who may have stumbled upon this blog. The saga started a short four years ago.......It was the end of August, 2001 and I had been having some severe stomach pain for about three days, but being the epitome of stubbornness, I never told my parents or anyone about it. Surprising, I know!! Every time I would eat, I would get sick and the pain only continued to get worse with every meal. Finally, my mom saw me crouched in pain on my bedroom floor and she proceeded to question the life out of me about what was wrong. (She is a good mom, that is what they are supposed to do, right?) Continuing to be stubborn, I told her that nothing was wrong and I would be fine. About three hours later, in the most intense pain I had ever experienced, I was being taken to the hospital by my mom and dad. After too long in the emergency room, I finally saw the emergency room doctor, had some x-rays, a CAT scan, an ultrasound, some painkillers and sent on my way. Within the next few days, I was back in the hospital having my gallbladder removed in an emergency surgery........no bueno.....no fun.....really scary!!! I'll continue later....stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so you are a stubborn little mule aren't ya?:) I'm glad you are taking care of yourself, I don't know what I'd do if you weren't around! I'm here for ya!

Anonymous said...

hey good lookin! who would have thought you would be stubborn? im glad you got help though! im here for you always... you no that right?