1.19.2006

The story continues....

Whew!! I woke up from the first surgery of my life, thank God! Everything from that morning was a blur and I only remember bits and pieces of people being there and things that were said. After the surgery, I had to stay in the hospital for three days. When they removed my gallbladder, they found some of my lymph nodes had marbleized and hardened around my gallbladder. They took all of those lymph nodes and a couple from under my arms. After the surgery, the surgeon came in my room with some bad news. She told us that she was 90 to 95 percent sure that I had either leukemia or lymphoma based on what she had seen before and the appearance of my lymph nodes. We spent two days praying and worrying that I had leukemia or lymphoma. Those were possibly the scariest two days of my life sitting, waiting for some news to confirm the fact that I had leukemia or lymphoma. The greatest news that I have received during the ordeal so far is that I, in fact, did not have leukemia or lymphoma. They ran numerous tests to try and determine what caused my gallbladder to shut down and my lymph nodes to marbleize. After numerous tests and lots and lots of head scratching by the doctors, I was sent home without a diagnosis. I was referred to a gastroenterologist to try to determine what was wrong with me. Here is where my story begins to settle down so I'll stop for now. Check in later!

No comments: