1.19.2006

Welcome to My Hepatic Times

Welcome, y'all, to my blog about my life with a liver disease known as Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis, or more easily known as PSC. This is my first experience with blogging but I figure that it is an easy way to keep people informed without me having to repeat myself a few hundred times. I plan on posting on here some background information to get people caught up with me since I was diagnosed with the disease about four years ago. The posts will probably get shorter as I finish the background info and people are up to date with my situation. Hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Josh! You're great and I admire you!

Anonymous said...

Hello Josh,
My name is Kristin and I was told to visit your site from a friend. I am in nursing school and find your story very inspiring. I work in a critical care unit and know all about tests; however sometimes we tend to overlook the patient perspective. Hang in there your an inspiration to many!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm waiting on a liver myself. I am not that scared anymore. Thanks for your info. I have a question. How long did you have jaudice? I am so tired of wearing sunglasses and I hate people staring at me or teeling me my eyes are green.And I think you are great!

Josh Carpenter said...

Anonymous,

To answer your question, I was jaundiced off and on for about four years. It would clear up for a few weeks at a time then I would wake up one morning and my eyes would be yellow again. I understand what you mean by people saying things. Some people say things out of ignorance and don't realize that it hurts to hear their comments. I don't think they intend to be hurtful but it hurts nonetheless. I still will not wear yellow because of being jaundiced. I'm praying for you and hope your liver comes quickly.