2.11.2006

Tests and more tests....

Been a few days since I have posted. I haven't had much to say and I am not sure that I have a ton to say tonight. I spent Thursday and Friday being worked up and over for my liver transplant evaluation. I feel like a pincushion. Blood test after blood test, stress test, pulmonary test, pee in a cup, pee in a jug, needles, needles, and more needles. That is all i remember from the last part of this week. Some good news came out of it though. I was told that I am a perfect candidate for a liver transplant. Once the paperwork is completed by my nurse coordinator, they will bring me up in some sort of meeting that will officially put me on the transplant list. Should take 3 weeks to 2 months, depending on "whatever they deem necessary." The average wait time for a liver in my region is about 3 months(so I was told) and it could go quicker than that. At the same time, it could take longer than that. I am roughly estimating transplant day at about the middle of July, give or take a month or so. Honestly, I feel calmer knowing that it is going to happen than I did when it may still be a possiblity. I found out that unless things change drastically I will not be going through the live donor process. I will be waiting on a cadaver, unless something changes drastically. This makes me more comfortable in that I dont have to ask my family to risk their life for me, although I know they would all do it in an instant. I have the utmost respect for anyone who would even consider risking their life for someone else. (Becky, that was for you.) This has been my past few days in a nutshell. I'll probably write more later when I am not so tired. Just don't feel like writing much tonight.

No comments: