7.28.2006

Flying and Overhaulin'

I took my brother to the airport yesterday so he could fly out to LA to be on the TV show, Overhaulin'. He was so nervous on the ride to the airport. I was reminded of my first time flying. I couldn't help but laugh at him as he turned more and more pale the closer we came to the security checkpoint. For those of you who know Craig, you know that he is extremely shy. He makes me look like im a politician. He was flying out with a group of people he had never met which only made him more nervous.

I was excited for him though a little bit jealous. Flying is something that we never really had the opportunity to do growing up. I love flying and would do it whenever I am given the chance.

He called this morning and said that flying was awesome. He has always been the type to say "If God intended me to fly, he would have given me wings." I knew that if he ever got up there he would love it too. It was fun to hear him talk about the clouds, and the little squares that make up the country, and all the water that you can see when you are that high up. Makes me want to hop a flight for a day just to see it again. I haven't flown in over a year and after going to the airport yesterday, I have gotten the itch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, still no update on how your feeling...I guess I'll have to email you and bug you until I know your feeling better!!!

When's the Overhaulin' show on the air?? That's really neat about Craig!

-Sarah