7.15.2006

Update on me

I love talking about myself....whoooooo!!! Precisely the reason why I haven't blogged in forever. Oh well....lets get this one out of the way and then i can continue with my blog about things in my head and I can sneak in a blog where i talk about me....haha! Put me under some camouflage so you all have to actually read this thing since im putting sooooo much time into it. Janine stop laughing because im gonna keep this going this time! I have survived through PSC.....whats ADD got on me? Ill beat it too!

Ok.....me....hmmmm....doing awesome after the surgery! According to my bloodwork, I am normal as can be. My liver numbers are within normal range and mostly on the low side which is a good thing. My color is still normal, my eyes are white, and my scar is small compared to the monstrous one I had pictured in my mind. So according to my bloodwork, I am "healthy as a horse."

Physically, I honestly feel so much better than I did before the surgery and I guess I should be happy because I expected recovery to be a lot harder than it has been. I have had no serious bouts of rejection or even had to be hospitalized again, so I am thankful to God for all of that. I honestly believe that my faith, and the faith and prayers of others, have been what have allowed me to recover so well so fast. With that said, things are still going slow! I fatigue very quickly and have lost a ton of strength. I have been trying to work my way back into some cardio workouts and lifting light weights on occasion. It is hard and embarrassing when you know what you have done in the past and can barely do 1/10th of that now. I know it will come back but I have never been the model of patience. I am trying to learn some patience now and take things easier even though I want to push myself harder than I am able to.

I am tired of taking medicine and will be glad when September gets here and I can come off some of the medication I am on. I passed 100 days since the transplant on July 4th so that was a huge milestone for me. Didn't mean much to others but to me...it was a big deal. I have set goals for myself which i plan on defining in a checklist in a later post so I can add to and check off as we go along. The next big milestone for me is September 26, which will be 6 months! By then I will have gone back to teaching and hopefully be in a regular workout routine. Hopefully I can find a partner to work out with that won't be held back by my lightweight. I may need to find a girl to be my partner....seems my workout is more cardio with very light weight for now. I feel like a pansy now! Oh well....ill shut up for this post!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to email you and tell you to update everyone already!!! ...but I didn't want to pester you! I am so glad to hear you are doing well! Check your email, I'll write more there!

-Sarah