7.22.2006

Warning: Too much fun can be hazardous to your health

Sorry for the delay in blogging! Tuesday was an awesome day and has taken me until now to blog it for a number of reasons.

Tuesday morning, I had a great time eating breakfast with some friends who I rarely get to see. We had a great time laughing about old times, catching up, and talking about what we plan on doing in the future. At one time, I felt like we were kids again talking about what we were going to be when we grow up. Its funny how even when you grasp one dream it seems there is another waiting. In high school, we wanted to graduate college, now we all want the job that will make us happy, and different things in life that we are all hoping to have one day. I hope that we never stop dreaming because as long as we are dreaming we are living.

After breakfast, I left to go to El Maguey to eat lunch with another couple of friends I rarely get to talk to. We had a great time as well catching up and joking around though lunch was cut short because as I forget not everyone is a teacher and have to get back to work. I hope that we get to have lunch again soon so we can catch up more.

Now the story begins....(I'll make this short).......I left lunch after a great morning and came home to sit down for a bit and relax. As I sat down, I started to feel nauseous and I just figured it was something I ate and brushed it off. As the day, wore on I realized that I was getting a fever and went to take my temp and it was 101.5.(not good 4 months out of transplant) I hoped it would pass but I only got sicker and sicker. I became dizzy and even more nauseous and the fever wasn't going away so I called Mom and off we went to Emory University. When I got there and went through the whole ER deal, they decided to keep me for a couple of days to make sure that everything was okay. Needless to say, after a ton of bloodwork, I have a virus that I am currently trying to shake. I'm okay and I should be back to regular blogging now! I know you are excited.

To my friends that I had breakfast and lunch with......had more fun than you will ever realize and so glad that we got to spend some time catching up and talking about everything under the sun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what's up bro-seph,

cool that you're blogging again. If it is alright to ask, who were you eating with, anyone I know??? I'm glad whoever it was could get together with you and talk about old times. I'm sure it helped take your mind off of things. Hurry up and kill that virus, we don't want anything but a healthy Josh.

WES

Anonymous said...

What on earth, Josh...I have been on vacation and now I hear you got sick from eating breakfast with us?!? Even in the hospital!!! I haven't read the other blogs yet, so hopefully I am about to read that you are okay and everything is back to feeling good!!

Anonymous said...

Man, I love you. I'm sorry to hear you got sick! It was good to see you, too. That little kid feeling is awesome :) I'll call ya. Janine