5.03.2007

National Day of Prayer

After reading Jill's blog, a friend and fellow transplant recipient, from yesterday, I figured I would write a short post about today being the National Day of Prayer.

Over the past few years and especially over the past year, I have a ton to be thankful for. I have gone from being sick and given a timeline to live to being healthy thanks to the process of transplantation. It has given me a new life and I have my donor family and God for making it all possible. Before my surgery and even to this day I have numerous people praying for me. I have gotten letters, cards, emails, and phone calls from people I have never met saying I am on their prayer list. Some of those people are from states I have never visited. It is amazing to know how prayer can spread through just a few people in a small town in Georgia to places all over the country. God is amazing! I just want to be sure to give Him a little praise for the mountains he has helped me climb. I kind of like keeping Him around!

I have some prayer requests for those of you who are praying people.

Remember those 96,000+ people whose lives are on hold while they wait on their gift. Most are not as lucky or blessed as I was and are required to wait much, much longer than my 12 days. Some have been on the list for over a year. Remember them as they fight each day with whatever ailment they are fighting that has caused their situation.

Remember the victims of the Virginia Tech shootings. As a country, we tend to be fired up and there for the victims for a while and soon they fade from our thoughts. This is when it gets hard for those involved. Let's keep them in our prayers because even when we can't seem to comfort, we can pray to one who can.

On a more personal note, pray for a friend who was told that they had a tumor on their brain stem recently.

And as always, if you get a little time....send one up to the Big Man for me. I can always use them!

Donate life!! Be an organ donor!

1 comment:

-Scott (Campaign Manager) said...

I always enjoy reading your posts and insight on the issue of organ donation, thanks Josh.

-Scott