5.30.2007

A Little Nervous...about the Beach!


I am leaving early in the morning for a trip to Florida. I am excited and nervous all rolled into one. On the positive, giddy side, I am ready for a break. Today is the last day of work for us teachers and we are all ready to get away for a little while. This year has been a huge roller coaster of emotion and recovery and I am looking forward to the relaxation that awaits. (That is assuming I will be able to relax when I get there) As I have said before, my only goal when I get there is to go surfing. Maybe, I should say try to go surfing.

On a more negative note, I am nervous as a cat on a hot, tin roof (as Daddy would always say) about going to Florida. Last time I spent an extended amount of time in Florida, I came back with second degree burns on my feet and knees. It was UGLY!! Feet swollen like a balloon and so hot, they melted ice as fast as you put it on! It was awful and all my fault. That was the first time (not the last mind you) that I ignored the advice of the doctors and did my own thing to find out they were right all along. Darn doctors....why do they always have to prove me wrong! They said not to get out in the sun because my immune system was too low and I would get burned. Yep, within 48 hours I had cut both my friends and my vacation short to make a trip back up to the emergency room at Emory.

So that is the reason that I am both excited and nervous. Maybe this time will be better. I can guarantee one thing......there will be a TON of sunscreen used this time. Say a prayer for me that I do not get eaten by a shark while surfing and more importantly that I don't get a second degree sunburn!

1 comment:

Mylerna said...

Have fun!