9.20.2007

Ughh!

I have to go to Emory today for my first Remicade treatment. This isn't a bad thing because I have faith it is going to help me get better faster. My stomach has been going nuts for the past couple of months. I have just began to sleep through the night about a week and a half ago after another medicine change. These infusions will help me get better faster though it does come with a few risks. Remicade is an immunosuppressant that will be placed on top of my other immunosuppressive drugs. The doctors will be keeping a close eye on me to make sure that my liver numbers stay stable during the treatment.

I honestly believe that my doctors have my best interest at heart with this treatment and it is for the best. The risks are pretty great, but once I get through the first couple I will be in much better shape and be able to live a much more normal and confident life. I am excited!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Josh,

i hope you respond well to the Remicade treatment! indeed i hope it makes you feel more healthy!

good luck and best wishes
Joachim

Nonya Bidness said...

i've heard remicade works very well. good luck with your treatment. dont let anything grind you down!

Dawn said...

Hi Josh,
Carl was an early Remicade patient (2001). I have pretty strong feelings about the drug. If you're interested in hearing about his experience, please let me know and I'll share. It was a good AND bad experience. On the positive side, it did help his UC a lot!

-Dawn