9.11.2007

9/11

I am getting around to this late but I wanted to put up a short blog remembering 9/11. Like most Americans, I remember exactly where I was on that morning and stayed glued to my TV for the next few weeks. I remember the many prayers that were prayed over those weeks right after the tragedy by what seemed like the whole nation. The sincere sorrow that was felt for the victims and the men and women who rushed into those buildings trying to save those people who were trapped. The support that was given by seemingly everyone to those left behind.

We were a unified nation in those days right after the tragedy, but politics and agendas have pulled us apart again. Despite the tragedy, there was so much kindness and love shown to everyone we passed. I miss those days where it seemed the nation was "under God" again. We still have troops overseas fighting a war that stems from this tragedy. I don't know the answer, and am not going to pretend I do. I do know that I want the troops home as soon as possible and as safe as we can get them here.

To the honorable men and women of the fire departments, police departments, and the many other branches of public service who get little recognition for their bravery, I want to say THANK YOU! You, along with our military, make us feel safe walking around the streets of this country today.

This post reminds me of my letter to my organ donor's family. There are never the right words to say, but I will do the best I can to show my gratitude!

No comments: