4.05.2006

The surgery

For those of you who may be reading this waiting on an update here it is. I have made it through the transplant with flying colors. A list of the miracles (that are not obvious):
1) I was on the transplant list for 12 days. Average time is 3 months, some people are on it for years.
2) Most patients usually spend 3 days in ICU and I was out in less than 24 hours.
3) No setbacks as of yet although there has been a fair amount of pain, nothing that some morphine can't handle.
4) I am out of the hospital in 10 days which is an average time, but could have gone in 5.

So there are some of the things that I have been flying high on for the past week and a half. I also have the greatest friends in the world. You guys have no idea how much the phone calls and emails mean. Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts that have been sent the way of the Carpenter's lately and even before that. We continue to need those prayers and thoughts. I am not really sure what to say right now but plan to post more in the coming days. I might even post a picture of the dreaded scar at some point. Again, I am still kicking and counting on all of your thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well i'm VERY happy and relieved that you're on the road to recovery and things sound really good. (laura and kyle came back to iowa and gave me the news)--sounds like things are on the right track! i'll have to call you on your cell and check up on you...or if you want...you can always give me a ring (the cell is still the same #)--you'll stay in iowa's prayers--take care and i'll be talking to you soon

Anonymous said...

You better believe I'm praying and thinking about ya! I want to see that picture--- SERIOULSY! Remember all those times in High School when soccer or football or wrestling would yield those cuts and bruises? We showed them off like they were gold. Be proud of that scar. It's a "life line" of sorts. Our #1 "life line" being our amazing Father who loves and adores you and set all this up to happen even before you were born-- how cool is that. Seriously can't believe you sent letters out on Thurs. and got the call on Sun. God rocks!!! Keep on bloggin'. Want to know how you are. Post the pic. I'll carry it around braggin' and praisin' God for the miracle he's performed. You're great! Love ya, Janine

Anonymous said...

Hey man,

I as well as countless others are thrilled to hear that you are doing so well. We have all been thinking about you and what you have had to go through and are relieved that you are now recovering at an astounding rate. Once you are 100%, we are all expecting you to hang out with us as much as possible, on the lake, camping, poker, concerts, Braves games, or whatever we happen to be doing. We all miss you a lot and can't wait to see you again. If you can, throw me your e-mail address when you get a chance. Mine is wesjbingham@yahoo.com.

See you soon,
WES

Anonymous said...

Josh,

I can't wait to see you again!! It was so good to talk to you last Saturday. I am so happy everything is going well for you. You made going through a major surgery look really easy! If you get a chance, (I know you are crazy busy!) here's my email:

sarah.ozaki@charter.net.

Talk to you soon!
-Sarah

PS.. Owen keeps asking how "my friend Josh" is doing and Kyle says hello!