7.21.2008

Emory Visit

On Monday, I took a trip to Emory University for routine bloodwork to make sure my liver was still doing well. For the first time since my transplant, every single number was in the normal range. I have been working out, I am getting stronger, and I feel genuinely healthy for the first time in a long, long time. Dr. Spivey, the ultimate Southern gentleman and my hepatologist, came in the little room wearing a blinding smile and I knew that good news was to follow. He looked at me smiling and said, "Son, you can't get any better than this!" At that moment, I knew that it was time that I stopped living scared and started living.

With that said,

I have been posting for the past couple of years on this blog about my liver transplant and my life. I will still be posting here from time to time, but I want to keep this blog more focused on organ donation awareness and transplant news.

I have realized over the past couple weeks that it is time I turn the page and begin a new chapter of my life. The past chapters have set the stage for the rest of the story. I will never forget my transplant and the road that has made me the man that I am today. By no means do I wish or expect for my road to be easier, but frankly I am tired of living while looking behind me. For too long, I have let my circumstances beyond my control and my past define who I am. This blog is symbolic in saying that today is the day that I am setting my eyes forward to the great things to come in my life.

God has a plan for me and it is time I take hold of that plan and start walking forward. Today is the first step of that journey! My eyes are forward!

In a symbolic gesture of the change in my life, I have started a new blog, called Life of a Carpenter's son. The name may change, but I felt like I had to begin somewhere. On this blog I intend to chronicle my day to day life for the world, my friends, my (future) children, and myself.

No comments: