2.23.2008

Organ Donation Angel

Just wanted to post about a story I just read on Yahoo! about a girl from Atlanta who received a kidney from a stranger. The donor saw the little girl's face on a flyer and after talking it over with her husband decided to donate a kidney to her. The donor operation took place at Emory University Hospital (where I had my transplant) and the recipient operation happened across the street at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.

You can read the story by clicking below!

Stranger Donates Kidney to Atlanta Girl

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Josh -- I ran across your blog while searching for something else, and I'm so glad I did! I am coming up on the 3-month anniversary of my liver transplant, and some of your posts have really resonated with me. The awful biopsies, the awesome scar and the gratitude of having survived, to name a few. Anyway, just wanted to say I like your blog and admire your bravery for such honest postings.