11.24.2006

Hard Work

This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!
-Fort Minor "Remember the Name"

Was listening to this song the other day and got to thinking about life. More specifically, having things in life that we take pride in. I'm not talking material possessions or trivial things, but relationships that we have had to work at, careers that we had to work to achieve, and other things that we can honestly look back and say, "I did that!" To get there is rarely an easy road and we have all put in our "fifty percent pain" while only getting the "five percent pleasure." Looking back though, we have pleasure in knowing that we did all we could to make things work and we can be proud and have 100% pleasure in knowing that we have worked hard for what we have and that no one can take that from us.

With that, I just want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me get the things that I am proud to look back at with a feeling of accomplishment. Some of you probably don't know the part you played. One day I hope to be able to tell everyone that part and thank them personally!

1 comment:

Janine said...

I can agree with that. I too strive to let people know just how much they have helped me. I started a word doc. with a bunch of people's names and what I wanted to thank them for...even random stuff like: "thanks for running that copy for me". It's so funny how much we (especially Americans) try to do this rugged individualism, when in reality we would get absolutely NO WHERE on our own. Life has proved to me to be an intricate web of all of us helping each other. I am also thankful for people that probably don't know they even helped me. :) Thank them Josh. They'll be blessed by your recogniction. Everyone likes to know that they've been of use to someone...especailly if it's unexpected. God is amazing, and has a great way of getting his kids to "play" with each other. It makes for an interesting and beautiful life - for each of us to uphold the other. Have a super day, Janine