12.12.2007

Clinic Visit Today

The month of December is shaping up to be a crazy one. This is a month full of doctor's visits trying to get as much in as I can before the first of the year and a new deductible.

I had a procedure on Monday to see how the Remicade is working and to check for dreaded cancer cells. That is such a scary word, even when you know that everything is okay. The doctor took a whole bunch of biopsies (another scary word, because it leads back to the C word) and I should know by Friday the results of those. According to the doctor, everything looked much better on Monday than it did a couple of months ago. That is always good news, even when you are high on Demerol and Versed!

I am going back today for a checkup at the transplant clinic. I am feeling good and don't expect there to be any real problems, but it is always scary cause you never know. I absolutely loathe hospitals and will do what I can to stay out. Once I am in I am doing everything I can to get out as quickly as possible.

Anyways, I am looking forward to Christmas and being with family and friends. Most of my shopping is finished (not that I have a lot) and now I just get to watch others stress over it. It's nice to be able to sit back and enjoy the holidays. Oh, I still have Mom's gift which is always the hardest. That will probably be another Christmas Eve rush, but I like to keep it a little exciting!

No comments: