6.06.2007

Appointment

I went back to the transplant clinic today. I was nervous going back with this being the first time I have gone over a month with NO bloodwork. The longest amount of time I had gone so far without giving them a few vials of blood was two weeks. I was happy to be moved out to a month because I knew that I was using the bloodwork as a crutch to keep a check on my health. As annoying as it was to be going back every week or two, as long as I was getting my bloodwork back I knew I was doing okay. My bloodwork today was almost as perfect as it was five weeks ago when I was in the clinic. My bilirubin was up just a tad but not enough to concern the doctors. It is a relief to know that everything is working and I am slowly throwing that crutch away. One day soon, I will only be getting a checkup every 3 months and then 6 months. That will be a good day.

On another note, there seems to be some turnover in the transplant clinic and my post-transplant coordinator will be changing. It always sucks getting to know someone new and letting them get to know my situation. Oh well, I am sure it will all work out. I am just happy that everything was good today!

No comments: