9.13.2006

Home

An update.....I just got home from another extended stay at the Emory Express. Woke up Sunday morning not feeling well but figured it was a bug I had contracted from my students at school. (Still not convinced that it wasn't!) Went to Kevin's house for a cookout and was feeling pretty good, but on the way home I started feeling tired and sluggish. This is a common occurrence now since the surgery. My stamina still isn't back to where it was. When I got home I laid down for a bit then started to feel like I had a fever so I checked it and it was 101.4 which means it is time to head to Emory. I checked it again about 30 minutes later and it was 101.7. A rising temp above 101 means I need to get to Emory in a hurry. On the ride down my fever broke and was going down, so when I got to Emory I only had a temp of 100.2. Long story short.....transplant patient....low immune system......fever=infection.....3 day stay. I'm starting to get used to the routine of going to the ER, getting admitted, pumped full of antibiotics, and being sent on my way. Only a minor interruption in my life...in a few months ill forget it ever happened!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great to finally get a update!
I'm sorry to hear that you were in the hospital but good to know your still on the positive side of things! Stay Strong!

Anonymous said...

you rock my face! God's grace is sufficient...you and your attitude is a great personification of this verse. "A minor interruption" to you could be something more "earth shattering" to someone else...your faith is amazing. Thank you for loving Jesus and letting him hold you in the palm of his hand. I'm praying for you. Janine

Anonymous said...

you are such an inspiration...with your positive attitude and all. stay strong josh and keep your faith in the Lord. you are in my thoughts and prayers!